perfectly imperfect

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”

I’m not saying you’re all imperfect, but I love you just the same. Really, this is more directed at myself because I tend to look at all my imperfections, my mistakes and my many moments of weakness and forget all about how life and love – of friends, family, yourself – are about striking a balance. For every mistake I make, can I find something else that I’ve created or done with flair and style all my own? Can I forgive myself of my imperfections the way I look past them when I devote myself to a friend or family member?

For me, it’s about loving someone because of their differences, spectacularly guarded personalities, and about finding some enlightenment in understanding our imperfections. Of course, that means actually defining perfection, which is often an impossible standard or unattainable goal that you beat yourself up over when you fail to achieve it. For instance, my most bracing imperfection at the moment is completely oversharing what’s going on inside my head only to wonder if I’m being utterly selfish later.

Forgive this completely perplexing blog post, I guess I’m hoping that someone someday will look past my imperfections to see that my intentions are sincere. There is someone out there in the blogosphere that has put up with a lot having to do with my “feelings” and insecurities recently. You have already received my big batch of crazy for the day, but your understanding and patience has been such a bright spot during some murky times. I appreciate you for who you are and if you think this is about you, then it probably is.

Comments

Popular Posts