good things

So, lately I find myself either too busy, too tired or too overcommitted to take a moment to sit still and breathe. There’s something about the month of October that overtakes my brain and schedule like an overzealous weed in a garden. A friend of mine recently started out an email with a “good things” list. In a way, it’s a variation on a tradition my sister-in-law invokes during family dinners with my nephew where we go around the table and share our “so goods” with each other.

I’ve decided to implement my friend’s very positive “good things” list more into my daily and weekly life as a way to take my mind off the frustrations incurred over the course of a work day. Nothing brings me down faster than a mid-morning tripwire of incomplete information and vague direction. I’m hoping that turning my brain around will give me the lift I need to remember what’s good about each day.

Today my “good things” include: leftover homemade enchiladas, remembering to take the trash out on the first try, keeping my cool when everyone else went into hyperdrive during a staff meeting, finally getting a lingering batch of work off my desktop and listening to a couple of new songs I’ve never heard before.

What are your good things for the day?

Comments

DerekDrock said…
Of course, the title of your post makes me think of the Bodeans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQOCdE0E64o

Popular Posts