Hello, Cruel World!

This is my first "alllllllooo!" (imagine that in a disturbing, English-cockney accent - now say it with me out loud...all together now) to the cyber world in the form of the "blog". If the New York Times thinks it's fashionable, then I must really be behind the times. Which is sad, really, considering I make a generous amount of my living expenses and spend so much time online.

I figured as much fun as I have reading others' experiences and viewing pictures of the bouncing babies and families in my life, it couldn't hurt for me to revert any time, energy and money I might someday need to spend on shock therapy and simply air my dirty laundry and politically incorrect ramblings for all to see in cyber world. Besides...if I really have to hear my friends tell me one more time "ya know, you should really be the one to post a blog online, I'd read it every week", then I might have to make a break for Greenland, or some fictional island where they don't believe in technology and pound tree pulp into papyrus, make their own ink from squids/octopus (what's the plural of that anyway, and who knows how to spell it off the top of their head?), and send letters by 3-week boat trip just to "keep in touch". Not to mention the coconut phones. Yeah, it'd be just like The Blue Lagoon...except for the creepy incest interludes.

But I digress...This blog will hopefully pick up where I never started in keeping a journal and should save some of my friends from having to open my ranting emails in the privacy of their cubicled existences at work. Although I have to believe they're grateful for the diversion. This entry should give you some idea of how my Adult ADD brain shifts from gear to gear. I hope you won't be bored. But if I end up discussing the amazing properties of teflon or wondering where in the world my youth has gone, I'm sure someone will keep me in line.

I bid you adieu...and I really don't mean to suggest that my life has more meaning and should be chronicled and published as such, but I've clearly got issues to work out and writing is the best medicine.

Comments

Heidi said…
right on, girlie girl! you know I'm always bored and looking for something to divert my attention away from whining, fuckwit salespeople. i'm bookmarking as i type...
Anonymous said…
I have a blog too; currently my only readers are my mother and my sister, which sometimes puts a damper on things I'd like to rant about. So blog on, sister!

Here's my cyber-trendy link contribution: www.flickr.com. You may enjoy it as it allows you to post photos right here on your blog, in addition to a plethora of other features, most of which I probably haven't discovered yet. My photos (a somewhat pathetic collection at the moment) can be found at www.flickr.com/photos/sarahritz

Did I mention I LOVE your blog title??
-Ritz
Patrick said…
...*ahem*...
squid
octopi
...

That is all.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Your link to CL04 is up!
Anonymous said…
Oh, man! I knew the "squid" and "octopi" answer too! Patrick beat me to it.

Consider yourself bookmarked.

Jennifer
So, Johnny tells me that there's no such thing as Adult ADD - gasp, how can that be? A ploy for drug companies to pump me full of life and joy-killing little colored pills that cost an arm and a leg and hook me for the rest of my days?

"If you can't remain focused and listen well in meetings, you might have adult ADD" - hell, I don't know what type of work meetings they were attending, but unless the building was pumping oxygen through the vents, there wasn't much keeping me awake and alert - the constant drone and whine of co-workers was like white noise. And not the apparently "interesting" kind of white noise where Michael Keaton sees dead people. ho hum.

damn it, wait, then what condition do I have?
Anonymous said…
I do not understand a Blog a Blog. I am just a want a "B" author of "Confession" Look under Documents for an excerpt and please feel free to pass it on.
Leave a coment on my page if you like, you might just be the first one; and no it is not about me. I would like to think I am sane, sane, sane. I have no intentions but I do have a small sail boat and a truck. I guess that is why they call me the Trucking Salor.

Popular Posts