curiosity killed the blog

I wouldn’t normally do this, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. While some of you have written a personal note to let me know that you read my blogs, or randomly brought up something I only posted on this site in passing conversation, I am currently experiencing a desire to know who is reading this. I realize this goes against the natural grain of the general nature of my random musings – but I’m extremely curious to know who’s out there and actually picking up what I’m throwing down.

If you don’t believe in breaking the fourth/fifth wall and prefer to remain anonymous…I have to respect that. And I don’t intend to alter the content of this blog in any way to accommodate who does and/or doesn’t read this; believe me, I KNOW my parents and family members are getting quite the eyeful on occasion and will probably continue to scratch their heads in amusement and confusion as I spew the random thoughts that run rampant in my brain out into the digital world for all to see. I try to throw in a few entries on the lighter side because, frankly, my own self-reflection and philosophical tirades wear me out. And I am a self-proclaimed social retard and stream-of-consciousness style of writer who often loses her own point of subject matter and wonders what others could possibly get out of my mental meanderings.

I’m simply curious to know who is subjecting themselves to my crazy. Feel free to comment below, message/email me directly or shoot me a note on Facebook. And I’m definitely no Dear Abby, but if there’s a subject you’d like me to take a crack at, I assure you that I won’t hold back. If any anonymous readers would like to take a guest turn at this forum, I’m up for a ghost writing session anytime. I would also love to read YOUR blogs if you’re pouring your guts and/or passions out on the page, so hook me up with a link.

This may be the only time I ever ASK for feedback...I'll be back to more self-involved tales of woe in due time. What started out earlier this year as a way to discipline myself and find an outlet for emotional upheaval is starting to evolve into something more more interesting. I know what I get out of it...so what do you have to say for yourselves, dear readers?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it funny how posts like this one never get any comments? I had one just like this on my blog. Pretty much no response, even though I get tons of responses to my others (well, sometimes). Anyway, it's me! Mandy.

Popular Posts