SLC, punk!

OK, friends, here’s how it is right now: I’ve been pretty stressed out with ice damage/home repair, excessive freelance work, some frustrating projects at work and some general winter blahs. January, as expected, didn’t let me down. I expected it to be challenging, and it was. Most of it is mental; if I were officially diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder, I wouldn’t be surprised. It seems pretty ridiculous to blame it on the weather, but that feeling of being cooped up and restless always comes on at the start of the year.

I’m starting to anticipate my vacation about 14 hours earlier than I should this afternoon. Winging my way to Utah to decompress, get in some serious girly ridiculousness, laugh, cry and cut loose with one of my best friends on the planet. Buckle down, SLC, because I’m out for the fun of it all during this long weekend. Mountains, sister wives, food, activity and alcohol are creeping into my imagination and I can’t wait to feel the excitement that comes along with just getting away for a few days.

I’m sure I’ll have some thoroughly random life epiphany when I get some distance between my real world and my alter vacation ego. We’ll just have to suss out some ultra-confusing blog entries in the future. Over and out until next week…

Comments

Popular Posts