gettin' busy

The name of the game is to stay busy. Shouldn’t be too difficult, right? Anyone who actually knows me outside of this blog knows that I sometimes take on too much. Taking on freelance clients usually boils down to a “feast or famine” situation; as soon as you say yes to one job, three more pop up. Making lists and checking them twice, thrice and sometimes four times to make sure I don’t have too much time to sit down and think for the next week or so.

Why do I want to stay so busy during the busiest time of year? Avoidance. I’m actively avoiding thinking about a couple of situations as long as possible. This isn’t the bad kind of evasive tactic where it’ll get me into trouble – dodging bills, juggling commitments, avoiding responsibilities. Rather, it’s more of an emotional minefield that I’m avoiding stepping into. At least until I have time to don the proper flak jacket and helmet to protect myself a little bit more appropriately. To stop reacting and find a way to approach things proactively.

There she goes again...cryptic blogs to make my friends and family shoot me a “WTF?” email or leave me equally cryptic phone messages. I’m fine; or at least I will be. Just taking a pause to recognize and accept my responsibility before I move forward. Letting the dust settle before I kick it up again. No harm in sitting still from time to time and taking a deep breath before I rise up to step on a new path. Perhaps it isn’t avoidance at all; maybe it’s acceptance.

Comments

Anonymous said…
WTF. :)

Popular Posts