there's vague, and then there's VAGUE

You know what the toughest thing is for me to admit – not only to myself, but to the blogosphere in general? I just don’t feel like myself these days. Haven’t taken great care of myself for the past couple of weeks. Feels a little bit crazy to admit that to an audience that includes family members and friends who will wonder why I haven’t said anything.

Sure, I go about my day and exchange pleasantries with my coworkers, throw myself into my projects at work and attack my Christmas shopping and holiday plans with a kind of fervor that’s mildly distracting. But I don’t feel as sure-footed about anything other than what’s routine, especially this week. Something feels like it’s missing or just “off”. Perhaps a Dali-esque dream will reveal it to my inner self. If I could put out a note with a reward to get it back, I would. But it’d be a vaguely passive-aggressive plea that rambled on and never got to the point. Much like today’s blog entry.

I could speak in vagueness all day long. I’m great at that. But maybe what I need to do is get out and about, meet up with a few old friends and feel myself slip back into place. ‘Tis the season…

Comments

Popular Posts