nerd rock



Let me tell you all how big of a nerd I really am. I see a lot of concerts. Many of you know this. Other people buy gadgets or stack up hours playing video games. I rack up concert hours and ticket stubs. I can’t even tell you how many concerts I’ve seen this year – planned or unplanned. It’s a lot. You get the idea.

So when I say that I have not looked forward to a single concert experience in the way that I anticipate the Ben Folds – Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra show tomorrow night, my geekiness knows no bounds. I’ve seen him play live numerous times and never been disappointed, but have always wanted to see his songs come to life in a symphonic setting. When the powers-that-be announced this collaboration, to take place the night before my birthday no less, it felt like the universe was looking out for me. My expectations are high, and still I feel they’ll be surpassed.

So, check-one-two…we’re set to hit the musical sweet spot courtesy of my favorite musical savant.



Comments

Popular Posts