Heels and a handbag...

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run."

Probably an odd choice for an inspirational quote, but something I find wholly inappropriate this morning. Self-awareness is a blessing and a curse, I find. Most of this week, I've found my thoughts drifting to a concept that I begrudgingly have to address. Knowing when to let go, and figuring out how to muster up the resolve to do it when it's the last thing in the world you want to take action with. It's where Want comes squarely into conflict with what one Needs.

I will, of course, expand on this in another post. I've got about a zillion pistons firing in my head, and simply no time to type today. As I launch myself into a day that will likely find my emotions and frustration clashing on an hourly basis (read: extended family wedding), I have to stuff some of my "stuff" down and be a dutiful daughter, a cordial guest and put on a dress.

But hey, at least I get an opportunity to wear my new heels and carry my favorite and most underutilized handbag. And hopefully sip some champagne and toast my family, my good fortune and myself tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts