random sunday musings

I don't know how to top the headline of "Nigerian dwarf goats", so I'm just going to go with the flow and my inability to be overly-creative this afternoon. So, I was waiting for my chicken to roast (that's not a euphemism for anything...I really was waiting for a chicken to roast in my oven...that still sounds suspect, doesn't it?) and I happened to catch the show, "Mr. Romance", on the Oxygen-Oprah network. Fabio is the host, and it is basically a reality competition where 12 guys compete for the title of "Mr. Romance" under the tutelage of Fabio himself, the butter spread god of romance novels. Other than Scrubs and Arrested Development, this might just be one of the funniest shows on television. In between basting, I was cracking up at this competition. They're all pretty much like Fabio himself, not really that attractive in the face (except for one, but based on the fact that this is being seen by actual people, even if it is just one or two of you, I can't, in good conscience, elaborate any farther), kind of disproportionately buffed out beyond the attractive state, and they take themselves wayyyyyy too seriously. The contest I watched today was entitled "The Butt of David", if that gives you a better idea of how truly funny this thing is. Unfortunately for y'all, I can't tell you when it airs because I happened upon a rerun, but I didn't even know this one existed on television.

If someone wants to tell me what other "quality" shows I'm missing, I'd be much obliged - and don't say "Pet Star", or whatever it's called, because I already find that one hilarious too, it has to be good if AC Slater from "Saved by the Bell" is the host, right?

Okay, enough bloggity blog blog - happy Easter Sunday to everyone. And by the way, the chicken was delicious:)

Comments

Patrick said…
OK, roasting your chicken might not be a euphamism....but "basting the chicken" most certainly is. MMMM-HMMM, hot chicken action! And I'm sure it WAS delicious.

Sorry, I can only think of one thing when I think of Fabio: his trip to Busch Gardens.

If the show's as funny as that, I'll have to tune in.
Heidi said…
Oh man, that sounds great. If that had only been on when I was on maternity leave. My favorite piece of crap show will always be Cheaters.
Anonymous said…
i don't think we can discuss the most stunning reality tv show efforts of the past year without a mention of UPN's "The Amish in the City".

bring on the rumspringa.

Popular Posts