blue jean

I’m a jeans girl. I only bring this up because I ruminated on the fact that I can’t wear jeans to work every day from the time I threw on a pair of casual dress slacks to the exact moment I stepped inside the door at my office this morning. Sliding on a pair of perfectly fitted jeans brings me to a place of total comfort and allows me to focus on what I’m supposed to be doing that day, rather than what I’m wearing. It’s like a second skin. And I often feel like a total impostor when I’m donning work clothes.

There’s also something about the word “slacks” that makes me cringe. But that’s probably another discussion entirely. Why am I even thinking about this? Because I’m sitting here at my day job and wishing I was relaxed in denim bliss instead of worrying that the hem in my pants might be unraveling. I enjoy dressing up and throwing on something pretty, flirty and busting out a killer pair of heels – I’d just rather pair them with a great pair of jeans.

Personal style is personal. And I can’t wait to get home and slip into some denim.

Comments

Popular Posts