Bravery

I've been thinking about something today. Forgive the stream-of-consciousness flow of this particular entry, not that there's ever been formality of style here. But there's something on my mind that I seem to have no answer for.

Is it considered "brave" to move on from disappointment, trauma or heartbreak...or is it just moving on? Is it brave to tell someone exactly how you feel, without a filter and with every probability that they will not reciprocate your sentiments, or is it just a coping/defense mechanism? Is it brave to try and hold onto someone or something when they push you away, or is the brave thing to let them go even when your instincts tell you to hang on? Since when does being brave mean having to be strong?

Is it in our frailty or our strength that we truly find our bravery?

Comments

Molly said…
I believe bravery doesn't require that you choose frailty versus strength. To me, it's not an either/or. I think true bravery is when you fully embody this continuum, staying true to yourself through it all. You are enough, just as you are. To me, there is nothing braver than truly acknowledging that!

Popular Posts