birthdays......

odd. i actually do feel a full year older for once. i think i've managed to pack in enough in the last year to qualify as sometimes strange, often perplexing, occasionally challenging and truly wonderful--such as the births of my two new favorite boys, my nephew Jack and my pseudo-nephew Colin. Having children to think about and remind you of how cool life can be instantly puts things in perspective. This next year for me is all about gaining some perspective and acting more impulsively, trying out new things and stretching limits. It's about showering those two new boys in my life with all that is good and allowing their curious natures and joy at the simple things to rub off. God, I really hate birthdays; I tend to wax philosophical and make promises of renewal. It's about a million times worse than New Year's for me. But maybe this year it won't be worse; just maybe, this year will signal some strong turns.

i clearly need a shot. of something. much love to my two boys....and any people and friends who are bored enough to read this.

Comments

Heidi said…
Hey - you posted something!

Totally natural to reflect and ponder on birthdays. I think it's healthy. Hope all is well....

Popular Posts