i think i might be a...

perv! seriously...i was just watching the French Open tennis highlights for the day on ESPN and was watching the Rafael Nadal match. He's so cute, and young, and intense, and did I mention YOUNG? I just admire his tennis game and his attitude, it's been a lot of fun to watch him play lately, and all of a sudden, I notice he has quite the ass on him. He turns 19 on friday. i'm a total perv.

i also think i might be dying of complete boredom. i'm in a rut of a semi-serious caliber. i know all my friends out there with day jobs might know of what i speak...but it's when i start to seriously clockwatch for a majority of the day that i know i'm frickin' bored. there's nothing wrong with the work that i do, but sitting down and writing and editing all day long is tedious and not doing much for my psyche. i thought the long memorial day weekend would help....boy was i wrong! i had to drag my ass up the steps to that office this morning like no other morning before it (including my half-drunken waking sleep that was the day after St. Patrick's).

this is such a boring and whiney blog entry, too. i'm just not feeling the creative flowing thing these days.

ok, that's not true. i had a brief moment of totally letting go and having fun - maggie and josh and i (along with claire and benson, who we saw in between smoke breaks) went to see the stereophonics in indy. ggggggrrrrrreeeeeaaaaaattttt show. kelly jones is a bloody brilliant little bugger. awesome set of tunes - ranged from really early stuff (circa 1996-97) all the way through the best songs on the new album. so very happy i had this concert to go to. my hearing was off for a full day afterward. usually the sign of a fun show.

ok, i'm outta here. gotta get up and go grind tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
and i got kicked out of the Music Mill! yesssssss! i've never been kicked out of a show or venue of any sort. i thought it would be embarrassing. but looking back, i'm mighty proud.

good times indeed.
Anonymous said…
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one in a day job rut. I'm flying up north to see my brother in a couple of months, and I'm seriously thinking I might not come back...

Popular Posts