one word....MANSQUITO

After a few unsuccessful attempts at updating my blog (real ones, as in the posts were all filled out and I press "Publish" and then the browser locks up and kicks me out), I'm hoping that it'll finally take this time around. Technical difficulties. So sue me.

The word above, "Mansquito" (which is now my kitty Dante's new nickname), refers to the fine piece of cinematic adventure captured dutifully on film and aired without a hint of sarcasm on the Sci Fi Channel this past weekend. I shit you not..."Mansquito". This flick starred Corin "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" Nemec and kicked off my day of watching movies about giant insects that want to take over life on Earth. It was bad, it was funny, and there was some hilarious tongue-in-cheek acting going on, but I don't know that I'm yet convinced to purchase "Mansquito" on DVD for my collection. I wonder, though, do they actually sell it? And are there sequels?

It's clearly time for me to get some rest, so here are the albums spinning (very loudly) in my disc player these days: Stereophonics, Language. Sex. Violence. Other? (and I'm so excited to say I'm going to see them play at the end of May); Garbage, Bleed Like Me (my hero, ms. shirley manson. once again proving if it's not scottish, it's crap. there's also a parental advisory explicity content warning...i wonder if that's because of butch vig, because i didn't find anything explicitly advisable. dave grohl bangs the drums on the first track as well. great stuff.); Green Day, American Idiot (i don't have anything bad at all to say about this record. i think it's bloody brilliant. and only fenster may remember this - "billy joe! bily joe! oh my god, billy joe!); Rooney, Rooney (poppy, catchy, adorably sugary and somewhat fucked up lyrically if you listen really closely); and Elvis Costello, various discs (i'm in an elvis phase, what more can i say?).

Peace, i'm out.

Comments

Heidi said…
Thanks a bunch, now I'll be hearing that in my sleep...

Popular Posts