the vaguest of vagaries

Hello. How are you? Sorry I haven’t written in awhile. You know those awkward transitions and silences that occur when you haven’t chatted or spilled the contents of your dreams/brains and then you’re not sure how to begin your next conversation? We’re there. Right now.

There’s a reason for my absence. I was off living my life. Not a long, drawn-out excuse; but an honest one. Sometimes actively making it through the day, struggling to work through decision-making and taking action on those decisions leaves you (thankfully) staring, with drooped lids and half-eaten dinner next to you, numbing your mind with the latest episode of “Bethenney Ever After” or escaping into someone else’s short stories or novels. Indulging in detached introspective narratives on the blog falls to the wayside.

In the time since I last regaled you with any kind of random lyrical blogginess about bird flight patterns or my irritation with the Grammy Awards, I’ve been traveling to far-off mysterious lands such as Utah (yes, you will always remain a mystery to me, Utah), working way too much and boggling my own mind with not one…two…but FOUR solid rock shows (the Greenhornes, Heartless Bastards, Black Keys and Rachael Yamagata; and all wonderful in their own ways). I’ve put my money where my mouth is, figuratively, with regard to my future personal plans (official blog on that coming soon). And now I’m catching you up-to-date so you don’t think I’ve run off to parts unknown. Not yet, anyway.

So, with all the vagueness I can muster…I’ll meet you all back here; same place, different time as soon as the mood strikes and I’m able to give you full disclosure. How’s that for an ending?

Comments

Popular Posts